Use These Helpful Tips To Find A New Job After A Period Of Unemployment
Applying for new jobs is frequently a stressful experience. Explaining a significant employment gap on your resume to a recruiter can even be more difficult. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to get back to work after a period of unemployment and remain appealing to potential employers. Please continue reading to find out how to apply for jobs after a short stretch of unemployment.
Be Prepared When Applying For Jobs
Although you may want to start looking for a new job as soon as possible, laying the groundwork to make your unemployment gap less visible on your resume is crucial. You can accomplish this by using the following tips:
- Ensure that your skills and qualifications are displayed at the top of your resume.
- Creating an excellent cover letter that explains your period of unemployment and how your circumstances have changed to allow you to work again.
- Contacting close friends, family, and professional contacts to see if they can recommend you for any opportunities.
- Creating interview questions that will demonstrate to the employer that their needs and goals are important to you
- Taking some courses and earning a certification will help to strengthen your credentials and demonstrate your commitment to continuing your growth and capabilities.
Consider Applying For Jobs Online
Now is the time to start looking for positions that interest you. You can find work in various ways by using filters to narrow down your search results on job posting websites. Using the assistance of local staffing agencies and experts is another way to ensure that you are as supported and informed as possible throughout your job search.
Here Is How A Staffing Agency Can Help
First Team Staffing is an excellent resource for job seekers looking to find work after being out of work for an extended period. We have the connections and resources you need to re-enter the job market and effectively market your skills. Working with a staffing agency provides you with the following advantages:
- All services are provided at no cost. Staffing agencies are paid by employers looking for employees, not employees looking for work.
- Interview Training
- Help with resumes and cover letters
- A list of available positions based on your skills and job preferences
- Opportunity to work on a temporary, part-time, or full-time basis
- A long-term partner dedicated to assisting you in finding work and developing your skills and ability to advance within your desired career or industry.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in the recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 35+ years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to partnerships we forge with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates. First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee and Florida, located in Nashville, La Vergne, Mount Juliet, and Tampa. Visit us online or in-person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.