What to Know About Finding Work Through a Staffing Agency
If you’re looking for a job, finding work through a staffing agency can be an excellent way to explore new and exciting opportunities. But what exactly can a staffing agency do for you? Read on to find out which jobs may be available to you and how a staffing agency helps you get hired in your new position.
Find Work Through a Staffing Agency
People may believe that a staffing agency only helps you find temporary work or secretary work. In reality, staffing agencies serve various industries, including warehouses, light industrial, administrative, financial, and IT. Within every industry, you can find opportunities for temporary work, temp to hire work, and permanent work.
Three Types of Work
Temporary, temp to hire, and permanent work can all be found through a staffing agency.
- Temporary Work: These positions become available if a permanent worker is going on leave or a company expects a peak in business. Temporary work may be appealing if you want more flexibility and time between jobs, or you want to make a little extra income.
- Temp to Hire Work: These positions can begin as temporary but have the potential to become permanent. Some companies do this to try out employees. The employee may enjoy this because it gives them the chance to try a job and return to the staffing agency if they want to try something different.
- Permanent Work: When a company is looking for a permanent employee, the staffing agency will act as a recruiter. They will find, interview, and select employees and then pass along the candidate to the company for a final interview.
How to Make a Great Impression
When you work with a staffing agency, agents will help you prepare for your job interviews. They can offer you guidance for job success, including the following:
- Do Your Research: research the company you’re interviewing for before meeting with them. This will help you prepare questions and show them you’re genuinely interested.
- Dress Professionally: You always want to present your best self to any employer. Dressing professionally shows that you respect the job and the people interviewing you.
- Know What You Want: When working with a staffing agency, you should know your goals and aspirations, so your agent can refine your job opportunities.
- Communicate With Your Agency: If your new job isn’t a good fit, tell your staffing agency. Your agent will appreciate your open and honest communication.
- Remember You Represent the Agency: You represent your staffing agency when you show up to work, so you should act professionally and respectfully.
By following these tips, you can find work through a staffing agency that satisfies your needs and boosts your career.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in the recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 35+ years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to partnerships we forge with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates. First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee, located in Nashville, La Vergne, and Mount Juliet. Visit us online or in-person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.