How Flexible Staffing May Help Your Business
A large section of the American workforce consists of temporary or contract workers. This is because flexible staffing can benefit workers who desire versatile schedules and companies who face varying staffing needs throughout the year. If your staffing needs fluctuate, temporary workers can help you meet your productivity needs quickly. When you work with a staffing agency, you have a partner on your side who helps you find the best temporary employees. Keep reading to discover the benefits of flexible staffing and how this staffing choice may be best for you.
The Benefits of Temporary Workers
The flexibility of temporary staffing can be valuable to employers in many ways. Bringing on temporary staff for a period can help during a variety of circumstances. For instance, flexible staffing can help cover:
- Businesses experiencing fluctuating workloads
- Full-time employees that need to take extended absences due to illness, vacation, maternity, disability leave, etc.
- The unexpected departure of a crucial employee
- Employers who want to evaluate a worker’s performance before hiring them permanently.
What to Remember About Flexible Staffing
Temporary staffing allows for flexibility for your company, but it still requires careful management and consideration. If you are ready to give flexible staffing a try, remember that:
- The temporary employee is brought in for a quick fix, but they still require training to support your existing staff effectively.
- It is essential to treat the employee as part of the team, so teamwork and morale do not suffer.
- There should be no confusion around the worker’s status or how they are treated compared to others. You can avoid these complications by partnering with a staffing agency, who handles the paperwork and legal side of hiring temporary employees.
Industries That Can Benefit From Temporary Staffing
The industry your business is in can help determine whether flexible staffing and temporary employees may be beneficial. A few of the industries that can benefit from working with a staffing agency are:
- Clerical: hiring administrative assistants, receptionists, secretaries, HR assistance, file clerks, data entry, and general office work
- Healthcare: hiring certified nursing technicians, admissions, lab assistance, x-ray technicians, cafeteria workers, greeters, and janitorial staff
- Hospitality: hiring for food and beverage service, hotel staff, housekeeping, laundry services, groundskeeping, and janitorial services
- Light Manufacturing: hiring welders, technicians, CNC operators, shipping and receiving staff
- Warehouse: hiring customer service, quality control, assemblers, welders, inventory control, forklift operators, shipping and receiving staff, warehouse clerks
Staffing Agencies Make Flexible Staffing Easy
When you work with a staffing agency, you get the most out of flexible staffing solutions. The agency will do all of the grunt work of hiring new employees while you can focus on running operations smoothly. When you work with a staffing agency, you can enjoy:
- Reduced hiring overhead costs
- Coverage for unforeseen staff absences or emergencies
- Qualified individuals who the agency chooses to fit your needs
- The agency’s handling of background checks, onboarding, paperwork, payroll, and more
Additionally, the staffing agency is experienced with your industry and knows how to address your specific staffing needs successfully.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in the recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 35+ years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to partnerships we forge with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates. First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee, located in Nashville, La Vergne, and Mount Juliet. Visit us online or in-person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.