How to Include Temporary Work on Your Resume
If you have done, or are looking to do, temporary work through a staffing agency, you can benefit from the many career advantages a staffing agency can offer. Many workers use these agencies to boost their careers, network with their peers, and take in extra income. However, when applying for jobs outside of the staffing agency, it can be complicated to describe your temporary work on your resume. Read on to learn more about how you can benefit from staffing agencies and how you should format your experience with them on your resume.
How Staffing Agencies Help Temporary Workers
Staffing agencies specialize in filling positions for leading companies across various industries. They help you prepare for job applications and land the job. They also offer the following benefits to anyone looking for a jump start in their career:
- They give you access to exclusive positions not listed online. The agency can also notify you when a job becomes available that suits your qualifications.
- They keep the temporary work coming, with an always-updated stream of new jobs available whenever you finish your current posting.
- They help you build your resume, with their knowledge of what companies are looking for.
How to List Temporary Work on Your Resume
Listing temporary work on your resume isn’t going to be that different from listing other jobs, but there are significant differences to note.
- First, list the staffing company as the employer. This is because you technically work for them even when you find a position through them. The agency will be the reference future hiring managers will want to contact.
- Next, describe each relevant role. Make sure to cover the skills you used, the experience you acquired, and any significant accomplishments during your time in that position.
By combining the experience gained while working with a staffing agency and listing your accomplishments clearly on your resume, you can make significant advancements in your future career.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 35+ years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to partnerships we forge with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates. First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee, located in Nashville, La Vergne, and Mount Juliet. Visit us online or in-person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.