Utilize These Tips To Fill Tough Job Openings
There is no better moment than the present to reconsider hiring practices. You will need more than your typical hiring techniques to attract prospects. Here are a few approaches to changing your approach to talent acquisition to accomplish your hiring objectives and fill those jobs with the most qualified candidates.
Prioritize The Skills Of Candidates
Companies that find candidates hard to come by may consider removing some barriers that keep capable workers from applying. This skills-first or skills-based approach to hiring is proving successful. Experts recently tested this method by replacing the requirements in a customer support consultant position with a short list of “preferred experiences” and granting an interview to anyone who could pass a two-part skills assessment. The results indicated that most candidates hired from this trial wouldn’t have made it through the company’s previous process.
It might be well worth taking a chance on candidates who are an excellent cultural fit for the team but don’t already have all the desired technical skills. The main benefit of this approach is that it provides newcomers with immediate learning opportunities alongside their coworkers. The challenge is that a traditional resume doesn’t adequately communicate a candidate’s potential or cultural fit. Employers will most likely uncover these character traits by using screening assessments or during the interview process, where they can look for soft skills like critical thinking and problem-solving, a desire and willingness to learn, and the ability to accept and apply feedback. These traits will help new hires master the technical skills they lack.
Aside from using an applicant tracking system to manage the candidate database and automate basic recruiting tasks, here are some of the tools improving the hiring process today:
- Sourcing software automates the outreach process by matching job seekers to available jobs, often reaching passive candidates.
- Referral automation taps into the social networks of employees and other company ambassadors to bring in high-quality referral candidates.
- AI recruiting tools range from platforms to filter through resumes and find the most qualified candidates to chatbots that can start conversations with candidates when recruiters aren’t available.
- Interview scheduling tools eliminate back-and-forth emailing and allow candidates to pick an interview time that works best for them efficiently.
- Automated screening assessments are an unbiased way to evaluate candidates’ skills and determine whether they possess personality traits that make them a good fit for the job.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in the recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 40-plus years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to our partnerships with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates. First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee and Florida, located in Nashville, La Vergne, Mount Juliet, and Tampa. Visit us online or in person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.